Thursday, January 6, 2011

Frannie, Luc and Gabe will be answering questions

Hi everyone! I'm stopping in today to answer all the fabulous questions you asked in comments on my December Debut Contest post. Since I'm in my writing cocoon these days and I don't have any burning material to post, I thought I'd put Frannie, Luc and Gabe up to the task of keeping my blog up to date. If you have any questions for any of them, post them in comments. Frannie will answer spoiler-free questions Monday, Luc on Tuesday and Gabe on Wednesday.

Here are your answers from boring ole me:

Lynsey: How come Gabe is in the foreground whereas Luc is in the background? It smacks of drama and tension. Has Luc fallen out of grace with Frannie?
You’ll have to read to find out…

Vicki: So I was wondering, did you do much research into angels/demons for the books? Or did you just have the characters take you along for the ride?
Both. I read a ton of angel and demon lore with emphasis on hierarchies as I was building Luc and Gabe’s histories and worlds, but from there, the characters were in charge.

Vivien: Who do you love more Gabe or Luc?
You’re joking, right?

Momo: I was wondering if OS is in Frannie and Gabe's pov?
There are three POVs in Original Sin. That’s all I’ll say…

Grace: How did you come up with the idea for Personal Demons?
I was listening to one of my favorite bands, Saving Abel, and reading their bio where they say they got there name from a biblical quote from the story of Cain and Abel “There was no saving Abel.” The name Lucifer Cain popped into my head and I thought that sounded like a fun name for a demon. Then he started telling me his story and I started writing it down.

germaine.dulac: Did you do any research before writing the books? And if so, was there anything you learned that surprised you?
There were some things I learned that surprised me, but I can’t tell you what those were because I turned them into my biggest plot twists. ;p

Celeste: What is writing for you? What does writing feel like to you? I've heard some authors say is a high, others describe it as some kind of feeling of peace.
For me, most of the time, it’s pretty frantic, because my characters talk too fast and I can’t type fast enough to get it all down. ;p It really is sort of a crazy process for me, because I’m serious. I’m at my laptop every free second when I’m in the midst of a novel, and it’s not peaceful, or a high. It’s…well…obsessive.

Michelle: Was it hard to write from the perspectives of the 2 different characters, or did you find that it just came to you naturally?
That’s how they told me the story. I write what they say—just the poorly paid help with the laptop.

Alyssa: How was writing Original Sin different from Personal Demons?
It wasn’t really. Those two books flowed from the characters. I wrote each of them in about two months, and I wrote them both before PD sold, so the process and my mind set were the same. Hellbent is another story. (Literally ;p) It has taken me much longer. Wrapping up a trilogy when you don’t write with an outline is a trick.

7 comments:

  1. I just finished Personal Demons and have to say it was kinda incredible! Whew and so hot in all senses of the word!! ;-) I cannot wait until July. I really like Luc so I'm hoping good things happen for him. WHY do we have to wait so loooong? LOL

    Anywho Happy Birthday and thanks for the awesome stories. :-)

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sneaking in a 2 part question:

    Will Original Sin be written from the two character perspective p.o.v. like Personal Demons? And since Luc is in the background, if 2 p.o.v. will it be Frannie and Gabe's viewpoints instead?

    Somehow the fact that the countdown widget finally says less than 1/2 year still doesn't seem soon enough for OS :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiktshun--OS in in 3 POVs. Not saying whose... ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really hope that third POV is Gabe!

    I'm reading Personal Demons right now, and I wish it had Gabe's POV. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. gostaria de saber quem são os atores que posaram para capa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder who are the actors who posed for the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Become a vampire now and enjoy all the supernatural abilities. Join Gumbala of the 76th,practice transformation and shapeshifting. Contact Gumbala via email ( gumbalavampirehome@gmail.com )

    Do you want to be a vampire, are you tired of being human? A world of vampire where life get easier,we have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich,you will assured long life and prosperity,you shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, if you are interested contact Gumbala via ( gumbalavampirehome@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete